Registered nurse requirement addressed in educational requirement and personal requirement, due to not everyone suited to do a nurse’s job. There are particular traits and skills to be a nurse. A nurse should coordinate the care of patients with doctors and other medical staffs. A nurse should monitor patient diet and exercise, also check their vital signs. Update and maintain patient’s records and provide medications. Registered nurses are the most prestigious roles in the healthcare industry and have a growing demand for them. Working as an RN can be very satisfying by gaining real-life medical practice experience. Learn which personal and professional traits you’ll need to succeed as a registered nurse and have most of the registered nurse requirement after finishing RN programs in college.
The primary registered nurse requirement would have a minimum associate degree. If someone would like to have better pay than they should have Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN). After completing any degree program, a nursed should take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
The NCLEX exam covers four categories according to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing:
- Safe management care and safety and infection control
- Psychosocial integrity, to cope and, have psychosocial adaptation
- Health promotion and maintenance: Lifespan quality improvement and prevention to infection.
- Physiology integrity: Basic care and comfort and physiological adaptation
The other essential registered nurse requirement are their personal traits and bedside manners.
- They should be an excellent listener
- Have clear communication skill.
- They should be compassionate
- Have excellent attention to details
- They should be supportive
- They are organized
- Have precision
- They are good-natured
- They are dependable
- Able to work as a team
- Have critical thinking skills
- Have proper ethical standards
- Have problem-solving skills
- They should have high-stress tolerance